Monday 23 April 2012

Age Certificate

Choosing an appropriate age certificate for a film is an important aspect/process which I will need to consider. Although I am only creating a trailer, this feature will make my media product seem more legit. The main purpose of an age rating for any films is that it informs viewers of what age is suitable for watching a specific film. This is very important as it restricts children or young people from viewing a film which they may not be ready for (e.g. traumatized at brutal/gory scenes or sexual scenes). In order to help me decide on the age rating for my trailer, I decided to refer to the 'British Board of Film Classification' (www.bbfc.co.uk) and their guidelines on different age certificates:


I have chosen this age certificate for my 'film' and film trailer because the film consists of many violent scenes such as some scenes of a brutal fist fight, along with a dangerous accident involving a car crash and a pedestrian. Although the trailer itself does not consist of any offensive language, I have considered the fact that   the supposed 'film' may contain such language which has only embedded my decision to chose an age rating of 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment