Monday 30 April 2012

Production of Movie Poster

After taking note of the feedbacks from my 1st draft, I made some necessary changes with my poster. In addition, I will be presenting how I made these changes along with presenting screenshot of how I produced a movie poster. The whole process was completed within the software Microsoft Powerpoint.

Firstly, I decided to tweak the background picture, because it doesn't seem to show a shadow/person in front of a TV. During the photoshoot, because there was no TV available, I had to capture this effect by placing the actor in front of a reflector, which shone a light to give the effect of the person standing infront of a TV.

I cropped the image which I customized in photoshop after changing the colour to a dark red-ish colour to show it's violent aspect.












After cropping an image to make the edges sharper and straighter, I placed an enlarged, cropped  image on top of a similar image.


Here is a finished picture, after all the changes I made were finished:

As you can see, the image on the right is much better compared to the one on the left. The shadow is clearer and the light infront seems more like a TV than before. In addition, by changing the overall colour of the picture, it is giving a better feel of darkness and horror to the audience.







After, I've finished making the changes with the background image, I used tools within Powerpoint to begin creating my movie poster. To create the title, I used Wordart:

Wordart is a tool which provided me with different ways of creating a title. There different styles which I could use and different colours which I could then customise further as I am able to chose them myself.

After the title, I added the production credits which was below the title. The font was an important factor when adding the credits because the credits at most posters seems to be very similar. I decided to use the font "Impact" and made the sizes of each font vary. In addition, a presented the credits to be very tightly close to each other, as seen in typical movie posters.

Here is a completed copy of my movie poster. After completing the title and credits, I added small bits such as release date, website link, age rating, production logo and a slogan. I believed that by adding these small information, my products looks legit and realistic as these are typical conventions which the audience would expect to see on a movie poster.



No comments:

Post a Comment