Sunday 29 April 2012

Photos

Movie Poster Photos

As part of my planning, I created many sketches for my movie poster and magazine front cover. This preparation made me decisive on the kind of picture I want and this showed on my photoshoot as most of the photos were fairly similar.

For my poster, I  have chosen 3 pictures to show the problems I came across with before I had attained the picture I was looking for.

This picture was one of the early pictures taken during the photoshoot. I cannot use this for my final piece because the image reveals some information about the character. I adjusted the lighting after this shot so that his clothes or chain is unidentifiable.

Here is another shot after the lighting was darkened. This shows the improvement in the change as viewers aren't able to see his clothing and portrays him as a shadow. 

Although this show is better than the previous photo, a disadvantage with this photo is its composition and frame. I decided that I will take a photo which can fit into a poster structure, so instead of taking a landscape photo, I decided to take a portrait shot, with the image being in the centre. It will also have space at the lower part for the title and production credits and at the top for the 'movie slogan'.

After making various changes, I was able to take my final photo which I will use for my poster. The changes improved both the effects and structure of the photo which made it easier for me to edit it. With the final photo, I am able to just add in the title, production credits and the slogan without editing the photo itself.



Magazine Photos


Similarly, I had a vague idea of what kind of photo I wanted for my movie poster which made the photoshoot process easier. I have selected 3 photos, 2 of which have some faults and the last photo being the one I will use for my final product.

A fault with this photo is the lighting. Although I wanted the photo to disguise the actors face, the lighting in this photo is too dark. The eyes of the actor cannot be seen so the effect of him looking "directly at you" cannot be seen from this photo. This was one of my early photos, so an improvement or a change which I can make is to change the lighting.




After making the changes with the lighting, there is a clear improvement with the picture. This photo shows his face clearly and his eyes can be clearly seen by the audience. I really like this photo as his face is 'half' by the lighting effect. One half of his face is lighter, whereas the other is darker. This can be interpreted to be showing the contrast between good and evil in the film. Although this photo has potential to be the background image for my magazine, I decide to take the same photo but, instead in a landscape format so that it mirrors a photo fitted for a magazine cover.

For my final photo, I made all the changes which I wanted to make so that I had the perfect picture which I would use for my magazine cover. Here is the final image which I would use for my magazine cover:


No comments:

Post a Comment